martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ENTRY SIX TO HAVE SOMETHING DONE/ GET SOMETHING DONE------


I learned over use of "Have something done" and "Get something done" these two structures are both used to refer to actions or events which happened to someone, but were outside their control. Moreover to use when someone to done something for us (any action or event).

But both sentences are passive constructions...

structures:

To have something done: Is a structure to show the idea that someone convinces another person to do something. Is this structure es more formal

Verb Have/had + object+ past participle

In other case we can to use "Get" instead of "have" in informal contexts

To get something done: Is a structure informal used for indicate that someone does or did something (work) for us or others people in particular. Is also to show that you ask someone to do something.

Verb Get + personal pronouns (me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them) + past participle


In class I saw, some exercises with respect to structures...

1) With "Have something done"

* Armando´s hair is too long
He should get it cut

* The car is dirty
He should get it washed

* My nails are long and dirty
I Should get themmanicured

* My shirt is wrinkled
You should get it ironed

* I can´t see
You should get your eyes checked

2) With "Get something done"

* I can´t see
I have bad eye sight

* My teeth are yellow
I need to have them cleaned

Reflection: Is important to consider news structures in classes, for me was interesting because I learned something new for to improve my vocabulary. I think that we should to see others topics news in organization with the group and teacher.

1 comentario:

  1. For me the classes is something interesting but the techer might to have learning dymanics

    ResponderEliminar